Job Opportunity from Eurasia Partnership Foundation: Finance/Grants Assistant
Title: Finance/Grants Assistant
Location: Yerevan, Azatutyan 1/21 – 23
Current position holder:
Reporting to: Finance/Grants Manager, CFO
Who will replace: Finance/Grants Manager
Purpose of job:
The finance/Grants Assistant (FGA) is responsible for reviewing grant applications, preparing grant agreements, monitoring grantees’ financial reports, executing of site visits, updating of the automated grant database, and maintaining contact with grantees.
- The GA will, as assigned by the GM, assist in the review of proposals from legal, accounting, and documentation points of view and in the preparation of revised budgets in order to determine the applicant’s technical capabilities in managing a grant. These assessments cover (a) the legal eligibility of an applicant to receive a grant, (b) its internal structure, and (c) accounting and administrative procedures.
- The GA is responsible for conducting a thorough financial and regulation compliance review of grantee financial reports. The GA will check all submissions for accounting and documentation accuracy and present recommendations to the GM as to the acceptability of all financial reports.
- The GA will manage all routine correspondence with grantees.
- The GA will also assist the GM in his/her contact with a grantee once a positive grant decision has been made. This includes developing specific grant agreements, arranging and executing site visits, and ensuring timely and full reporting and accounting from grantees.
- Upon the request of the GM, the GA will be responsible for organizing and assisting with grants management seminars for grantees prior to the distribution of grant funds.
- The GA is responsible for timely reporting to the GM about impending grants payments for every month.
- The GA is responsible for filling Request for Grant Payment and other relevant forms.
- The GA will assist the GM in the establishment and maintenance of grants management files.
- The GA will oversee the accurate and timely entering/updating on grants into Grants Management System (GMS) and is responsible for mastering the GMS and reconciliation between GMS and AS accounting systems.
- The GA is responsible for creating and updating GM related GMS templates.
- The GA is responsible for gathering and presenting grants statistics from GMS.
- The GA will assist in the preparation of grant close-out memos from legal, accounting, and documentation points of view in order to evaluate the grantee’s financial capabilities in managing the grant.
- Processing of grants in accordance with Armenian Software.
- Other duties directly associated with performing the above listed responsibilities.
Education & knowledge
- Higher education in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in grants management.
- Previous experience in civil society organizations.
- Knowledge of RA law, tax code, accounting reporting and financial standards, as well as procedures, filing and office equipment.
- English, Armenian and Russian usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- High computer literacy.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Mature judgment combined with problem solving approach.
- Management skills, including administrative and financial aspects.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communicational skills.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public
- A flexible attitude which demonstrates both commitment to team-working and also to working unsupervised when require
- The ability to deal and work with a wide variety of people
- Patience, sensitivity and calmness in the face of pressure and conflicting priorities.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume in English before December 22, 2023, to: [email protected]
The ‘subject’ of your e-mail message should say:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
- New opportunity «Call for Applications from the Swedish Institute: SI Leader Lab 2024» added.
- New opportunity «Invitation to a Summit by the New Democracy Fund: Civic Summit» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Strive: Mentoring Cycles (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Recalls Downtown Yerevan of the 20th century (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Isabella Sargsyan on Issues in Yerevan Urban Planning (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 14: Guide for Policy Paper Development (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 13: The War According to Participant’s Stories. Anthropological Research (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen