histoCON 2020 75 years after WWII: Peace under Construction?
To commemorate the end of World War II, the bpb will be organizing the histoCON 2020 in Berlin, Germany, from the 6th to the 9th of May 2020. 500 young people aged between 18 and 35 from around the world will be invited to this festival to learn about and discuss new perspectives on war and post-war events. The histoCON 2020 combines two events for two different target groups in one location: the "Newcomers", and the "Young Professionals". The explicit intention of the histoCON 2020 is not only to commemorate World War II but also to consider the implications for the present and future. Our event will be subdivided into three focal points concentrating on "After the Holocaust", "Global Memories of War" and "Hopes for Peace, Liberty and Human Rights".
With a view to creating a varied program for the festival
We are looking for:
Workshops in various formats such as fishbowls, panel discussions, lectures, open spaces, cultural and artistic workshops, excursions, city tours etc. as well as proposals for the Cultural Side Program such as readings, film screenings, concerts, theatre performances, art performances, dance performances etc.
- that focus on one of the three topics of the concept paper
- which are aimed at one or more target groups from the concept paper
- which especially contribute transnational / transregional perspectives
- which use notably interactive / innovative / creative methods
- which use English as working language
What we offer:
- payment of travel expenses, accommodation and meals
- participation in the entire festival (if desired)
- a platform for networking and developing new project ideas with fellow international participants
As a rule there are time slots of two hours (short workshop) or four hours (intensive workshop). Workshops can be offered repeatedly or in several sessions based on each other. You can also submit several workshops, please fill in the form for each proposal in that case.
It is desirable for the workshops to produce results that can be made accessible to other participants at the end of the festival in the form of a work show or an exhibition.
The Cultural Side Program can be open to the public. At the EUREF Campus, centrally located around the famous Gasometer in Berlin's Schöneberg district, it also attracts the attention of a larger Berlin cultural audience. The working language of the festival will be English while not all participants speak English as mother tongue.
Further information on the objectives of the festival, the three topics and the two target groups can be found in the attached concept paper.
Please apply by January 10th, 2020.
We are looking forward to your proposals and will get back to you with an initial response from mid-January 2020 on.
If you have any questions or feedback, or if you would like to contribute items but have problems with the application form, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
- New opportunity «Call For Arbitration and Mediation International Expert» added.
- New research «2018 CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATION SUSTAINABILITY INDEX» added.
- New opportunity «Program Assistant. CRRC Armenia» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Papers – “The Soviet Experience in Armenia and Its Legacy”» added.
- New opportunity «School for Local Democracy in Kotayk Region» added.
- New opportunity «KIN Women's International Film Festival: Submissions are now open!» added.
- New opportunity «Expression of Interest for the 2020 Evaluation of the European Endowment for Democracy (EED)» added.
No file choosen