Call for Applications by SI Leadership Lab
Are you a pioneer in your community? Are you working for Sustainable Development Goal 16? SI Leader Lab is an online leadership programme for young civil society leaders in Eastern Europe, South Asia or the MENA region who are open for innovative tools and new forms for collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peers.
SI Leader Lab brings together young influential civil society leaders who are working for the Sustainable Development Goals. The participants are the fast runners, the innovative minds and pioneers in their communities, open for new digital solutions and innovative methods. The network consists of peers from cross sectors in civil society and will give the participants a broad input from different spheres. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for the Sustainable Development Goals.
This year the programme invites leaders who are working for the Sustainable Development Goal 16 (just, peaceful and inclusive societies Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions | The Global Goals).
There will be two programmes with participants from three regions:
- 60 participants from South Asia, Middle East and North Afrika
- 30 participants from Eastern Europe
The programme is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers.
The programme, spread over three months, contains highly interactive online meetings. We will work in smaller learning groups, combined with sessions that include all participants. The training is founded on experience-based and collaborative learning and will allow you to explore real challenges and areas of development for your own organisation in an innovative and supportive environment.
The programme is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The particular expertise and experience of the participants will largely determine the topics that we work on. The following br
oader issues, however, will be central: value-based leadership and group development and effective advocacy methods.
SI Leader Lab will give you:
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help you shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for the Sustainable Development Goal 16, within the 2030 Agenda.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1989–2000).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine, Yemen
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organisation or other relevant actors.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
Please note that SI Leader Lab is a demanding programme, as we use experienced based learning and reflection as a tool for personal growth. Therefore, we recommend that all participants are in psychological balance and willing to put in the efforts that the programme requires.
- Approximate schedule: 23 March -15 June – sessions once every week at 10 am-1 pm CET. There will also be some additional dates with longer sessions. Participants will take part in online seminars, practical group assignments and individual project work.
- Diploma ceremony: 15 June
For more information and application procedures, click here!
- New opportunity «SocCamp 2022» added.
- New opportunity «Research Grant from Deutsche Welle Akademie: Coverage of Environmental Topics in Armenian Media Sector» added.
- New opportunity «USAID/Armenia: Local Works Support to Consolidated Communities in Armenia» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Point of View (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «EPF Director Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Speaks about the Culture of Violence (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Mardamej Social Innovative Camp 2022 (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development (in Aemenian)» added.
No file choosen