Արևելյան Եվրոպայի և Կենտրոնական Ասիայի Կրծքագեղձի ու արգանդի պարանոցի քաղցկեղի իրավապաշտպանության 9-րդ WE CAN տարածաշրջանային համաժողով
The Women’s Empowerment Cancer Advocacy Network (WE CAN) embraces, connects and empowers women around the world to address cancer disparities in their communities and improve lives.
Every year more than 2.5 million women are diagnosed with breast and cervical cancer. Breast cancer is the most prevalent cancer in women worldwide and the leading cause of cancer-related mortality in women. Estimates suggest that 5.8 million women will die from breast cancer alone by 2025—two out of three will be in low-resource settings. Despite major advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, too often women lack access to timely and effective care, resulting in significant disparities in outcomes globally.
Higher mortality rates have been attributed to late stage diagnosis resulting from both health system and patient delays including a lack of awareness regarding the benefits of early detection and early treatment, complicated referral pathways, cost and more. In many communities, breast and cervical cancer are stigmatized and women are afraid to seek medical attention for their symptoms until it is too late. Advocacy, education, access to treatment and survivor support are integral to addressing the growing burden of women’s cancers. WE CAN supports evidence-based education and advocacy mentoring to build capacity and to dispel damaging myths and misconceptions about cancer, reduce stigma and improve outcomes. WE CAN summits and networks promote regional collaboration and link advocates and survivors to clinicians, policymakers and opportunities.
We believe the power of individual survivor advocates is multiplied through supporting regional networks to facilitate the exchange of best practices, build capacity, influence public policy and social norm change and empower women leaders. To date, 16 WE CAN summits and regional networks have connected hundreds advocates from more than 30 countries in Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Africa and Latin America, resulting in increased cancer knowledge, increased engagement of survivors in cancer policy and leadership and new initiatives and collaborations. The 9th Eastern Europe/Central Asia WE CAN Breast and Cervical Cancer Advocacy Summit in Yerevan, Armenia is hosted in collaboration with HENARAN Foundation, Armenian-American Wellness Center, healthcare providers, the ministry of health (TBC) and other local partners. It will bring together over 80 cancer survivors and advocates from over 12 countries as well as local clinicians and policy makers.
The 2019 Summit in Yerevan aims to (objectives will be tailored to meet participant need):
- Improve knowledge of breast and cervical cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Raise awareness about resource-stratified guidelines for breast and cervical cancer
- Encourage engagement in policy development and increased access to care
- Develop locally relevant evidence-based advocacy action plans Share information, best practices and “lessons learned” in cancer advocacy and patient support
- Foster development of coalitions, alliances and the regional network
WE CAN has been a global network for change since 2003. It is headquartered at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington. For more information about WE CAN and the 2019 Summit please contact Allison Dvaladze, MPH at [email protected]
WE CAN Summits are hosted in partnership with regional counterparts, Global Focus on Cancer and the US National Cancer Institute Center for Global Health. They are organized by representatives from the University of Washington Medical Center/Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center and sponsored by various in-country NGOs, medical centers, industry partners and US Embassies.
ԾԱՌԱՅՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ ՄԱՏՈՒՑՈՂ ՀԿ-ՆԵՐՏեսնել
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Դրամաշնորհային մրցույթի հայտարարություն»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «School "Skolkovo". Open call»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Training on proposal writing»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «EPF Is Hiring a Project Manager»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Yerevan Municipality Program of "Active Citizen Yerevan" for New Offers and Opportunities in Yerevan»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «The Marshall Memorial Fellowship/ DDL: the 27th of September 2019»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Izmirlian Foundation and Impact Hub Yerevan Fellowship Program»
No file choosen